Free, Confidential Business Counseling for entrepreneurs and existing business owners is available face-to-face in one of our locations, via email, or even at your office. Start today, and request a meeting with one of our expert mentors. Meet with 1 or 2 mentors for an initial exploratory session to discuss your business and its needs. You may continue to meet with these or other specialized advisors as long as you feel it is beneficial to you and your business.
Integrity, courage, confidence, dedication, flexibility, resourcefulness, resilience, perseverance… these are just some of the traits that successful entrepreneurs have in common. They also have a keen ability to create strategic alliances and develop win/win situations. Notice that nowhere does this say that a successful entrepreneur is one who does everything his or herself and does not ask for help. At SCORE our goal is to help as many business owners and those looking to open a business as possible. In order to fulfill that need we now offer mentoring sessions in Spanish and Arabic.
Over the course of starting or growing a small business, you may reach a point at which you must seek advice. These instances often occur when you’re about to make a decision, as it is always best to have a complete set of information when making an important business decision.
You are likely very adept at recognizing when you could use some advice to make an important decision, however identifying the appropriate source of advice for the situation can be difficult. Your friends and family are more than willing to support you, but they may not have the best industry knowledge. Business consultants are very knowledgeable, but they may not be affordable. So, where can you turn for free yet effective business advice? SCORE Westchester.
120 Bloomingdale Rd, White Plains, NY 10605
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9am-1pm
55 Main St #2, Yonkers, NY 10701
Tuesday: 12pm, 1pm, 2pm
- Tarrytown (Warner) Library
121 N Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- White Plains Public Library
100 Martine Ave, White Plains, NY 10601
Thursday: 6:30pm, 7:30pm
- Harrison Public Library
2 Bruce Ave, Harrison, NY 10528
Wednesday: 6pm, 7pm
Counseling by appointment only. Face to face in the White Plains office will generally be with two advisors. Same day appointments are available (Only in the White Plains Office). Book your appointment by clicking "Request a Meeting", or call 914-948-3907.
At SCORE our goal is to help as many business owners and those looking to open a business as possible. In order to fulfill that need we now offer mentoring sessions in Spanish and Arabic.
SCORE FREE Business Advice
SCORE Westchester matches you with experienced small business advisors who work with you on your specific business needs. These are just some of the items for which business owners often seek guidance from SCORE advisors:
- Starting a small business in Westchester
- Protecting your idea
- Writing or updating a business plan
- Identifying sources of funding and preparing documents for financing
- Creating a marketing plan
- Improve your selling techniques
- Launching an additional location
- Adjusting to growth
- Hiring people
"I find SCORE volunteers very knowledgeable and very helpful. They are eager to assist in the development or improvement of my business.” – DM
Benefits of SCORE Business Advising
- Free: There is never any charge for advisory sessions as mentors volunteer their time and expertise.
- Expert Advice: All SCORE small business advisors have achieved business in the Westchester area and have a keen understanding of the climate of the industry.
- Diverse Expertise: You will be matched with a small business mentor based on your specific needs and his or her area of expertise
"Knowledgeable people helping you on an individual basis, at no cost? Where else can you get help like this?” – BM
How SCORE Face-to-Face Counseling Works
- Matching - Our Counselor-in-Charge will then match you with the appropriate advisors based on your needs and industry.
- Identify - Identifying sources of funding and preparing documents for financing
- Meeting -Meet with your two advisors for an initial exploratory session to discuss your business and its needs. You may continue to meet with either or both of these advisors as long as you feel it is beneficial to you and your business.
"The questions asked were pertinent and helped us formulate our next steps. My small business advisor [Mitch Glick] was patient and knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to about our ideas. I felt it was very helpful to meet with him.” – DB