Viewing this webinar requires some basic information. This data is only used within SCORE and will not be distributed to any third parties.
-Both product and service based business can have costs that may not have been thought of, or more likely, underestimated
-Given your costs, will your market bear the prices you hope to charge?
-What do margins really mean?
-How large a margin is required for your particular line of business, in order for: 1. your business to make sense? 2. to compensate you adequately for the risks you are taking? 3. to compensate you adequately for the money and time you plan to spend?
IN THIS WEBINAR, YOU WILL BEGIN TO LEARN:
-How to make sure you calculate ALL your costs
-The real costs of various selling channels, such as Amazon or a local retailer
-The importance of having more than one supplier, with an emphasis on having reliable vendors, who just might be worth paying a little more for
-What to do if your costs, now fully accounted for, seem to preclude you enjoying a sufficient margin
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS:
-Nina Joan Mattikow:
Founder & CEO of Great American Audio, SCORE Mentor
One of the first audio publishers — started in her home and grew her company to sell to every major U.S. retailer and employed 100+ people.
Senior Financial Markets Risk Manager for three major banks, SCORE Mentor
Previously, Adjunct Professor at Pace University.
- Accounting & Cash Flow
- Business Plans/Startup Assistance
- Strategy & Planning
- In Business
- Black Entrepreneurs
- Encore (50+) Entrepreneurs
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs
- Rural Entrepreneurs
- Veteran Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurs
- Young Entrepreneurs
- Accommodation & Food Services
- Administrative, Support, & Waste Management
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting
- Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation
- Educational Services
- Finance & Insurance
- Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction
- Other Services (except public admin.)
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services
- Real Estate & Rental & Leasing
- Retail Trade
- Wholesale Trade
- Health Care & Social Assistance
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
- Transportation & Warehousing