These coaches have not only launched and run successful businesses, they have a keen understanding of the business environment in Westchester and the surrounding area. From concept to completion, SCORE Westchester small business advisors are here to support people like you – devoted individuals starting businesses in Westchester.
Entrepreneurs like you commonly seek advice from SCORE small business advisors on:
- Gaining an objective assessment of your business concept
- Conducting market research
- Developing a business plan, including a focused strategy, crafting a winning pitch and comprehensive marketing approach
- Helping to determine the legal structure of your business
- Costing and pricing your product or service
- Preparing documentation necessary to obtain funding
- How to network for important and valuable business connections
Why It Works
SCORE small business mentoring works because it is focused on you and your needs. Our advisors volunteer their time and expertise because they are genuinely invested in your success.
Below are just some of the benefits you can expect from working with a SCORE small business advisor:
- Guidance on developing a complete and realistic business plan
- Valuable advice from an individual who understands what it takes to be successful in your field
- Feedback on specific marketing, financial or legal concerns
- Uncovering opportunities you may otherwise have missed
- Providing an outside, impartial view of your business objectives
- Developing a personal relationship with an advisor who will aid you at every step of the way
How It Works
It’s easy! You can simply call our office or fill out our online form to request an appointment with a SCORE small business mentor. Our Counselor in Charge will review your request and match you with the appropriate advisor based on your specific business and needs. For instance, if you are in the process of opening a café, your advisor will have had experience in the restaurant industry.
Though there are a number of advising options available to you, our most popular is face-to-face mentoring. Meet one-on-one with your small business advisors at our main office or one of our other locations to discuss your strengths, concerns, and needs. You will be meeting with two Certified SCORE Mentors. You may continue to meet with one, or both, of these advisors on a regular basis to receive guidance throughout and beyond the launch of your business.